Professional Couples Counseling Services
Couples counseling involves two parties engaged in the therapeutic process with a trained therapist.
- The couple may be married, cohabitating, or in some form of a committed or intimate relationship.
- The couple may be heterosexual, gay or lesbian.
The goals of couples counseling services are as unique as is the couple seeking treatment, however, most of the time treatment is sought to improve the quality of the relationship, resolve an entrenched problem or conflict, or to assist in determining the health and viability of the relationship. Treatment models vary for each couple. Some therapists are more solution focused, while others are more process-oriented, examining modes of interaction and spend less attention to the actual concerns.
How Do You Know You Need Couples Counseling?
Many couples put off seeing anyone for couples counseling until they feel it's the last resort. The relationship has hit a breaking point. As a result, many couples enter counseling when they are in crisis. Don't wait until the relationship is at such a low point. Couples counseling takes work and if you're at the point where you can still find those loving feelings for each other, the work will be much easier.
What Can You Expect From Couples Counseling?
There are some wonderful benefits that can be gained from couples counseling, not just for the relationship but for the individuals involved in the relationship. To just give you a small list of some of these benefits...
- Increased awareness of your own feelings and those of your partner
- You'll learn how to manage your anger
- Improved sexual relationship
- Improved communication skills
- Reduction in the frequency and intensity of conflict
- You'll learn how to be assertive without being hurtful
- You'll gain a better understanding of why you fell in love in the first place
If you're seeking professional couples counseling in the South Florida area, contact us today. We can help.